My hope is that this blog will be a conduit for conversation between you and me, between you and others, and most importantly, between you and God. Experience has shown me that my best conversations with the Lord and with others come coupled with the stillness of morning and a cup of coffee. Whatever your experience has been, I hope you will join me as I share what God puts on my heart.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In all things.

It is wonderful to encounter individuals who are accomplishing God’s will for their lives.  I imagine you know what I am talking about—those people you meet that give you pause because you know that person is doing exactly what God created that person to do.  There is no better feeling than knowing you, yourself, are precisely where God wants you.  How joyous to know that you are in God’s will.

Yet, I doubt many of us spend most of our moments experiencing this joy.  I do not want you to miss this joy—the joy of knowing that you are in the place of God.

I have encountered many friends who incessantly question God’s will for their lives.  Many people—even people seeking hard after God—never feel certain that they are where God wants them.  I, myself, fight fear that I am somehow missing the Lord’s plan for my life.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.

God is not limited by our circumstances.  I am not convinced that God’s perfect plan for your life is an inflexible treasure hunt that requires steps one through ten.  Do not limit our Lord to your mistakes.  Do not restrict our God’s plan for your life to your wrong turns.  If our God can use my idiotic mishaps and wrong turns to accomplish His glory, our God can certainly use yours.  If our God can accomplish good in the wrong done to Joseph by his brothers; if our God can use Paul despite his persecution of Christians, our God can use us for His glory. 

Our Lord certainly does not will for you to sin, for you to miss His direction, for you to experience pain.  But, trust that our Lord Jesus can use all things for His glorious purpose.

When you are unsure what exactly God has called you to, trust that God has called you to seek hard after God.  When you do not know what door to walk through, walk toward God.  When all the doors are closed, remember that God is always open to you.  When numerous doors are open, if you are seeking God, you cannot miss what God has for you. 

When you have repeatedly failed in the same area, know that God is not limited.  When this is the first time that you have acknowledged God, God is still accomplishing His glorious purpose in you.  When you are treading through a colossal valley, God is working.  When you are experiencing pain, trust that God is not finished.  When you have sought God and still have not heard from God, rely on God’s promises. 

Trust that by seeking the Lord, you are exactly where the Lord wants you. 

When life does not make sense, remember that God’s plan does not always make sense.  If you are alive, God is still accomplishing His purpose in you.  Do not be short-sighted.  Do not reduce the power of our God to your screw-ups.  We worship the most creative Being that will ever exist.  If you are seeking after our Lord, you are precisely where God wants you.

I pray you celebrate that God is accomplishing His perfect plan in your life today.  Not tomorrow when you get it together.  Not yesterday before you messed up your life.  Not last week before you heard the bad news.  God does not will sin, failure, and pain in your life, but God can certainly use them.  Praise God that our futility is His glory. 

"Am I in the place of God?  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."  (Genesis 50:19, 20 NIV).

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  (Romans 8:28 NIV).

'"Brother Saul, receive your sight!'  And at that very moment I was able to see him.  Then he said: 'The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.  You will be his witness to all people of what you have seen and heard.  And now what are you waiting for?  Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'"  (Acts 22:13-16 NIV).




What would you do if I told you I am still in my jammies while finishing my third cuppa coffee? I know, I know; I am ruthless to rub it in.  For those who have outgrown Spring Break, put another pot on.

Much love to you,

Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment