My hope is that this blog will be a conduit for conversation between you and me, between you and others, and most importantly, between you and God. Experience has shown me that my best conversations with the Lord and with others come coupled with the stillness of morning and a cup of coffee. Whatever your experience has been, I hope you will join me as I share what God puts on my heart.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Struggling with all His energy.


Although accepting God’s will for my life is the end goal, much of my life has been comprised of getting there.   Maybe this is a reality for you that you have been ashamed to admit. 
I want you to know that it is okay to struggle with God’s will. 
It is one thing to deny God’s will, and it is quite another thing to struggle with it.  I imagine that it is normal to struggle with God’s will for our lives—the will of God is so contrary to our humanity.  While denying God’s prompting produces a spiritual paralysis in us, the struggle can produce searching. 
Christ is our Peace.  And, I believe you will experience that Peace—it is always there.  Yet, the times we wrestle with whatever God is trying to accomplish in us reminds us of our dependence on God; that we must relinquish control to God; that the work Christ wants to do in you is far bigger than you.  My pastor once said that if God’s plan for your life is not overwhelming, it may not be God’s plan. 
Perhaps it is problematic when we never struggle with God’s will.
If what matters is the attitude of our hearts; if what matters is that we are seeking God, then the struggle that produces searching and forces us to rely on Christ is just that.  Be honest with God about what you are experiencing.  Express your struggle to God.  Pour out your heart to Christ.  The sincere cries of a struggling heart must be so precious to our Lord who works so powerfully in us.  Praise You, Father, that our struggle with Your will is an invitation to and recognition of Your power in us.
 “Then the man said, ‘Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.’”  (Genesis 32:28 NIV).
“To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.”  (Colossians 1:29 NIV 1984).
“Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him for God is our refuge.”  (Psalm 62:8 NIV) (emphasis added).
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”  (Ephesians 3:20 NIV).

For you calorie counters, you can just go right ahead and attach that pumpkin muffin to my booty because it was worth.every.bite.

Much love to you,

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment