My hope is that this blog will be a conduit for conversation between you and me, between you and others, and most importantly, between you and God. Experience has shown me that my best conversations with the Lord and with others come coupled with the stillness of morning and a cup of coffee. Whatever your experience has been, I hope you will join me as I share what God puts on my heart.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Two.

My Pastor has said that you will never reach God's potential for you unless you gather with other believers.  I do not want to overstress this point. 

But I will.  Because it is of utmost importance.  Because God uses relationships founded on Him as channels of God’s grace; God’s kindness; God’s encouragement; God’s voice.  Upon every step of my journey in Christ, I see a partner God sent me.  
Praise God for His kindness toward us.  Praise God that He inhabits these relationships founded on Him.  I encourage you to find a partner in faith.  One for whom you can pray; one whom you can encourage; one whom you can hold accountable; one with whom you can bear; one with whom you can grow.   One who will do the same for you.
My friend and I call these kingdom friendships. 
It is not that these relationships are flawless.  They are far from it.  They are often even more challenging because they are premised on Truth and accountability.  But it is this mutual commit to pursue God together that distinguishes these relationships.  It is Christ at the core of the relationship; it is the Christ I experience in my faith partner that gives me a glimpse of our Lord’s kingdom.    
And it is contrary to many of our superficial relationships.  And it is so refreshing.  
I pray the Lord prompts you to seek these kingdom relationships.  I promise they will change your life.  I thank the Lord for the kingdom friendships we already have.  Praise God for His kindness that He pours out through others.  
“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: if either of them falls down, one can help the other up.  But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.”  (Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10 NIV). 
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.”  (Proverbs 27:17 NIV).
“The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone . . . .’”  (Genesis 2:18 NIV).
 

I would like to take a moment to reflect on this past week.  More particularly, I would like to reflect on the morning that I poured coffee all over the front of my drawers while driving to class. . . and proceeded to wear the pants for the entire day.  For those of us who are obsessed with coffee, the aroma of coffee coming from one’s pants throughout the day is not so glamorous. 
Much love to you,
Coffee Crotch  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for you, my kingdom friend. Even when you step on my toes. ;)

    ReplyDelete