My hope is that this blog will be a conduit for conversation between you and me, between you and others, and most importantly, between you and God. Experience has shown me that my best conversations with the Lord and with others come coupled with the stillness of morning and a cup of coffee. Whatever your experience has been, I hope you will join me as I share what God puts on my heart.

Friday, May 22, 2015

To be here.

Most of our lives, we're either entering or exiting a wintry chapter. If this resonates with you, don't let that chapter be in vain. As I emerge from my own fog, I fight feeling calloused, disoriented, or even purposeless.  

But I'm reminded of this: I'm still here

This reminder orients me to a God who has designed me for His specific purpose that He's accomplishing here and now.  My inability to presently perceive that purpose does not limit our boundless God. Because of our gracious God, that purpose is simultaneously for His glory and my good. 

To be here is to be Christ.

This is true for you. In your dark moment, amidst your confusion, despite your discouragement, please remember you're still here. 

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me." (Philippians 1:21-22 NIV).

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21 NIV).

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28 NIV).



I may or may not select my coffee mug based on my morning mood. Today must be a good one. Merry Christmas in May, everyone.

Much love to you,

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment