My hope is that this blog will be a conduit for conversation between you and me, between you and others, and most importantly, between you and God. Experience has shown me that my best conversations with the Lord and with others come coupled with the stillness of morning and a cup of coffee. Whatever your experience has been, I hope you will join me as I share what God puts on my heart.

Friday, October 21, 2011

One body.


When one breaks a bone, a doctor has to set it.   From what I can gather, this means putting the broken bones back together.  Through this process, the bones will fuse.  It is the cast or splint that keeps the bones together during this process.
This is what gathering together with other believers does for me.
As believers, we comprise the Body of Christ.  Just as broken bones in our physical bodies need realignment with the rest of our skeletal frame, so does our spiritual journey need constant realignment with Christ.  As a cast provides the support for a broken bone to remain aligned with other properly coordinated bones, so does the Body of Christ provide the support for our spiritual journey to remain aligned with Christ.  

Then, Christ uses others who are seeking Him to help “set” our faith.  When others bear with me in my faith, in my struggles, in my joys, I better realize when a bone is unaligned, when the condition of my heart is incongruous with Christ. 
And when I bear with others in their faith, in their struggles, in their joys, I am like Christ.  And these reciprocal Christ-centered relationships bolster our relationship with our Lord.      
And now I know why our Lord taught us to pray “Our Father.”  (Matthew 6:9 NIV) (emphasis added).  We were never meant to do faith alone.
I am not a doctor.  I am certainly not pretending to be.  But, I am absolutely convinced that meeting with other believers is medicine for my soul. 
And it will be medicine for your soul.  And you will experience Christ’s provision in an unprecedented way.
I pray you seek others whom you can journey with in Christ.  Praise God that He works so powerfully through relationships.  Praise God that He does not expect us to endure our faith journey alone.  
“For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”  (Matthew 18:20 NIV).
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”  (Hebrews 10:24, 25 NIV).
“There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”  (Ephesians 4:4-6 NIV).


 What is better than acuppacoffee?  acuppacoffeefortwo.
Much love to you,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment